HELP on database creation !! NewUsers

From: Eric Gordon <egordon_at_largesoft.com>
Date: 1997/08/04

Created a new instance of a database in Oracle 7.3.2.1 and were successful in running a crdb???.sql file and can successful start and mount the system.

When we attempt to create users using SQLPLUS logged in as either user sys or system we are receiving messages such as:

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO ERROR:

ORA-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package
ORA-06512: at "SYSTEM.DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO", line 22
ORA-06512: at line 1

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO You may need to install the Oracle Procedural option SET APPINFO requires Oracle Server Release 7.2 or later

We attempted to run standard.sql, dbmsstdk.sql and catproc.sql in that order and have gotten nowhere.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!!

Also, is there a simple drop database command which we can use to wipe out what we have done and start over, haven't seen what documented.

Thanks Received on Mon Aug 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT