NEWBIE: LOE to install, configure Oracle Gateway-Informix

From: <peter.wenker_at_MCI.com>
Date: 1997/08/04

I'm a mid-level Oracle DBA with no Informix education / experience. I've been tasked with replicating data from Oracle 7.2.2.3.0 to Informix 7.x. After some research I recommended Oracle's Transparent Gateway for Informix. Before my boss makes this recommendation to his boss(es), he wants some "warm fuzzies." Specifically, he wants to know there are people "out there" who have had good experiences with this product.

 ...so I'm hoping to contact someone who has experience with installing and configuring the Oracle Transparent Gateway for Informix, and using the gateway to replicate data from Oracle to Informix. Was it difficult?  How long did the installation take? How long for the configuration of the gateway? How long to set up the replication? Any difficulties? Any caveats / dependencies I should be aware of? Do you recommend this product?

Any guidance is appreciated. Please post a reply, email me (peter.wenker_at_MCI.com) or call me (USA)(719) 535-3677. Thanks in advance.