Re: "scott.emp@sales.ny.com' == I must got SQL*NET running?

From: Narayanan Olagappan <narayan_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/08/04

Jian Ma wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a replicated database system on our Unix/Oracle system.
>
> Is it true that I must got SQL*NET running before using such network object
> names?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jian Ma

You don't need Network products to use such names if you have the client and the database(s) on the same machine, you can use IP (inter process communication) protcol. But I am not sure about the licensing issue: you need lsnrctl, tnslsnr nevertheless, I do not know whether they are bundled with network products or with rdbms. Received on Mon Aug 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT