Re: NEWBIE:Can Enterprise Backup Do Incremental Backups

From: Neil Greene replace dev.null with laoc.SHL.com <ngreene_at_dev.null>
Date: 1997/08/04

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

Pin Pin wrote....
> Dear Oracle Backup Gurus:
>
> I looked at the Oracle web page - I found Oracle Enterprise
> Backup.
>
> There is however no mention of "incremental backups".
> In my experience, Informix can provide for incremental backups
> but I'm not sure if Oracle can do this. I remember in 7.1.5,
> we had to backup all the *.ctl,*.dbf files everytime. There was no such
> thing then as an incremental backup.
>
> For small instances, this is ok but one of my instances is about
> 550GB with many interdependencies in my tablespaces. Does anyone
> know how to do incremental backups in Oracle ?
>
> My warmest regards and appreciate any comments from anyone...

SQL*BackTrack by Datatools (now owned by BMW) handles incremental backups of Oracle databases. --- Neil

--
Neil Greene			Senior System Engineer / Oracle DBA
MCI Systemhouse, Inc.

Email:		<mailto:ngreene_at_laoc.SHL.com>
Pager Email:	4112636_at_PageMCI.com		Pager:	800-411-2636