Re: Sql-net over the telephone line?

From: William Gaynor <wbgaynor_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/08/02

I'm not sure what your details are, but with dial-up -- dial-in --capabilities between a windows client and a windows server, say win95 to winnt3.51, logging into the server requires creating an alias in the tnsnames.ora file on the client, dialing in, and connecting with user/pwd and alias as service or host or db or whatever else the application might be calling the alias. The only trick is if you are connecting between a 16-bit app and a 32-bit server, then the client were the app lies must have the 16-bit sqlnet installed and the easiest way to install it is to install a orawin -- windows not win95 or winnt -- client. You can have the other installed without a problem.
bg

Alessandro Pinto <alexpinto_at_offnet.it> wrote in article <33E0CBBF.3D6A_at_offnet.it>...