NEWBIE:Can Enterprise Backup Do Incremental Backups

From: Pin Pin <gohchan_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/08/02

Dear Oracle Backup Gurus:

I looked at the Oracle web page - I found Oracle Enterprise Backup.

There is however no mention of "incremental backups". In my experience, Informix can provide for incremental backups but I'm not sure if Oracle can do this. I remember in 7.1.5, we had to backup all the *.ctl,*.dbf files everytime. There was no such thing then as an incremental backup.

For small instances, this is ok but one of my instances is about 550GB with many interdependencies in my tablespaces. Does anyone know how to do incremental backups in Oracle ?

My warmest regards and appreciate any comments from anyone...

PP Received on Sat Aug 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT