File system stripe size

From: Eran Aloni <aloni_at_math.tau.ac.il>
Date: 1997/08/02

We're now installing Oracle 7.3.3 with RAID0+1 file systems with Veritas volume manager.
Our disk arrays (Sparc Storage Array 112) cache size is 128Kb and when performing a little benchmark (using 'dd' to read data from a single disk
with different block sizes) it clearly shows that block size of 128Kb is the best choise.

But, Oracle's recommendations are for 32Kb or 64Kb block size and Veritas' default is 64Kb.
How should I define the stripe size without having to perform an Oracle benchmark ?

Thanks. Received on Sat Aug 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT