Re: Stop a PL/SQL program

From: Leslie_B_DreyerKalra <lbd_at_techiesinc.com>
Date: 1997/08/02

Pepe Galindo wrote:

> Hello
>
> How can I stop a PL/SQL program in a infinite loop?
>
> One form is shouting down the database. Is there a smarter system?

The way I do it (on Unix -- I can't speak for any other platforms) is to do a ps -eaf (Solaris -- your ps may vary) and look for any processes talking to my SID. Watch them, and see which one is chewing up CPU time like crazy. Then kill it.

Of course, I'm working on a database that's strictly developmental, so it doesn't bother anyone else if I kill the wrong one. Then again, if you're able to restart a database with impunity, maybe it will work for you, too...

I'm no Oracle expert -- this just works for me...

Leslie

--
Leslie Dreyer Kalra
Techies, Inc.