Re: invalid packages

From: Gary Melhaff <melhafg_at_wdni.com>
Date: 1997/08/01

Take note Powerbuilder users...

Powerbuilder 4 and 5 check for invalid status on packages and WILL NOT run them like they're supposed to (probably due to being a problem on other dbms' besides Oracle). In case you don't already know, Oracle will automatically recompile invalid packages when/before they're run (after erroring if going across db_link).

Anyways, this results in important rule that Powerbuilder apps must always have packages/procedures recompiled manually after being invalidated.

--
Gary Melhaff
Senior Database Analyst