Re: Oracle Web Listener

From: Andreas Dunker <ADunker_at_picture-safe.de>
Date: 1997/08/01

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:29:11 +0200, Cyriel Vringer <cyriel.vringer_at_pop.gsd.nos.nl> wrote:

>I had the same problem.

I too. (Oracle 7.3.2, Webserver 2.1)

>I personally think it has to do with the available memory on the server.
>The more mem, the bigger the file you can upload.
>Seems that the server wants to store the complete file in memory first,
>before passing it to the DB.

320M should be enough to store a 8M file. But this seems to be the limit on our system. I can upload really big files with Net$capes ftp, but in this point the Oracle Webserver seems to be a toy.

>I heard somewhere it should be better using web-server 3 and Oracle 8.
>cheers,

Andreas

Andreas Dunker                    2B || ! 2B
adunker_at_picture-safe.de        (W. Shakespeare)