Re: Replication Manager

From: Luis Santos <lsantos_at_pobox.com>
Date: 1997/08/01

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:18:38 -0400, "Stephen A. Rodgers" <tony_at_prominenceconsulting.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to put together a simple snapshot from one database on a
>server to another database on a different server. I've had a lot of
>various problems in the setup, and it seems to me that this is
>unnecessarily complicated. I've set up snapshots in the past, but that
>was before the advent of all the new packages and replication manager.
>Now I'm having a host of problems trying to set up this simple snapshot.

        You're probably using the grouped snapshot option, which guarantee that all snapshots in the group will refreshed together.

        This is very good when you need to maintain referential constraints among several snapshots. But If you prefer you can create a single ungrouped snapshot. It's the old and good snapshot...

        If you are not finding these option you probably has not the newest Replication Manager version. The newest is (Am I right guys?) 1.35.          Received on Fri Aug 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT