Re: Tools for estimate an Oracle database volume

From: Sunil Jayasinghe <sunil.jayasinghe_at_probanka.si>
Date: 1997/07/31

Try this SQL - It gives you a space report by owners,tablespace and type!!!

set pages 55
set newpage 0
ttitle "Space Report by Owner, Tablespace and Type" break on owner on tablespace_name skip 1 column bytes format 999,999,999,999
spool obj_extsum.lis
select substr(owner,1,20) owner,
       substr(tablespace_name,1,15) tablespace_name,
       substr(segment_type,1,15) segment_type,
       sum(bytes) bytes

  from dba_extents
 group by substr(owner,1,20),
          substr(tablespace_name,1,15),
          substr(segment_type,1,15)

/
spool off

Sunil Jayasinghe
DBA E-mail: sunil.jayasinghe_at_probanka.si

 David FAURE wrote in article <01bc9d8f$aa9aff20$420101c0_at_dfa>...