Re: Design: How many instances should we have?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/31

 Well, we tend to run at least 3 copies of our DBs which are both production and still having further development applied to them. Database 1 is a 'development' instance; Database 2 is an 'acceptance test' instance; and finally database 3 is 'production'. All instances run on separate servers.

We periodically export the data from the 'production' system back to the other two instances for testing and development.

Hope the above helps, as I'm not quite sure whether you wanted this higher level or somethinga bit more detailed like on *how* to create the instances?

Steve Phelan.

Don wrote in article <33e0c130.521672094_at_news.teleport.com>...