Re: Switching between tablespaces as superuser

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/07/31

 "Gary T. Smith" <gsmith_at_clientserver.com> asked >> How does one switch between tablespaces as superuser (system/manager)? <<

Your question, as phrased, does not make since so I am going to try to answer broadly.

You assign the default tablespace where user owned objects, tables and indexes, are created in with the 'create user' command. You can modify these assignments using the 'alter user' command.

Tables and indexes can be assigned (created) in a specific tablespace using the 'tablespace tablespace_name' option on the 'create table or create index' commands.

Tablespaces are created and later altered using the 'create tablespace' and 'alter tablespace' commands.

I hope this answer points you in the right direction.

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Thu Jul 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT