Re: Problem installing Oracle SQL Net

From: Robert Simmons <abpitg_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/07/31

Pronob Ashwin wrote:

> I just downloaded an evaluation copy of Developer 2000 for 95/NT from
> the Oracle Site. Now when I tried installing SQL Net it gave me an error
> "cannot find ouis.res" with the 'cancel process etc' dialog box. When I
> chose ignore and tried running this after the installation it gave me an
> error regarding the GUI and that ouis.res was not found. Any one else
> with the same problem? What do I do.....
>
> Thanks
> Pronob Ashwin

        I downloaded the NT Oracle Work Group server ( I think -that did NOT include the Dev. 2000 ). I too had some files the istallation could not find. I just ignored them. It has not come back to haunt me yet.

        I also downloaded the SCO Work Group version and it too is missing a file name "libclient.a". The SCO installation doesn't give you a chance to ignore it. The whole installation stops. So much for that.

I really wonder how good a database server Oracle can produce when they don't seem to be able to put all the files together for an installation.

Back to Sybase!
Robert Received on Thu Jul 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT