Re: How configure block-size ?

From: SatarNag <satarnag_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/07/31

 >Does anybody know how i can create a database with db_block_size = 8 K ?
>> The UNIX-Installer of the ORACLE-Server 7.3.3 uses 2K as default value,
 which
>> is a waste of disk space. So far i couldn't tell the installer to use 8
 K.
>> What must i do to drop the database created by default and create a new
>> database with the right db_block_size manually?
>>
>> thanks for any help
>>
>> Guido

All respects to N.Prabhakar, but you can change the DB_Block Size without re-creating a database (at leaste u can in 7.3). When the system is restarted, it will start useing 8k instead of 2k blocks. However it is better to assign DB_BLOCK_SIZE value at the start of the creation of your database, that way you have control and an idea how your tablespaces is structured. If you require direction on how to do it, just e-mail me, and I will give you the command. The setting is in your parameter file. Also, why would you want 8k data blocks? Are you running a Data Warehouse? If you are doing alot of inserts, deletes, updates...ect., stick with the 2k blocks.
Satar Naghshineh Received on Thu Jul 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT