SQL Net - Running Different Versions at the same time??

From: G. Bradley MacDonald <GBMACDON_at_BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA>
Date: 1997/07/31

Hello,

We have two Oracle machines (7.2 and 7.3). We have to maintain 7.2 due to PeopleSoft requirements. We are planning on running two Oracle instances on the same server - so we will have one server that runs both 7.2 & 7.3. Our problem is that we want to use the most current version of SQLNet for inhouse developement - but keep using the older version of SQLNet for PeopleSoft (due to their support requirements we can not upgrade!)

The question is how can we run both versions of SQLNet from one desktop - at the same time??? ie. two different programs running two different versions of SQLNet on the same desktop at the same time........

Is this possible? Any comments would be appreciated.

Bradley MacDonald
Liquor Distribution Branch
Vancouver, BC Received on Thu Jul 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT