Re: PL/SQL table and ORA-3113 on NT4 WGS

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/30

In article <BY$M3LAVzx3zMwsx_at_camk.demon.co.uk>, Andy Hardy <Andy_Hardy_at_camk.demon.co.uk> writes
>Hi,
>
>I have a package which declares a PL/SQL table in the package spec.
>
>I have a procedure which writes to that table, approximately 50 entries.
>
>Whenever I attempt to write, I get an ORA-3113 and the database instance
>requires restarting from the NT services.
>
>I have no problems if my procedure writes to a local table of the same
>type. However, if I then assign the local table to the global table I
>get the same 3113.
>
>I've written to global tables before with no problems - in fact, this
>package calls another package which does its work with global packages.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Andy
>
>P.S I enclose the package spec.
>PACKAGE hanger IS
>/***************************************************
>--
>-- Hanger
>--
>***************************************************/
>
>SUBTYPE t_hanger_id IS NUMBER;
>SUBTYPE t_hanger_space IS NUMBER;
>
>TYPE t_hanger IS RECORD (
> hanger_id t_hanger_id,
> material_id SCHEDULER.t_material_id,
> entry_id ELP.t_entry_id,
> hanger_space t_hanger_space
> );
>
>TYPE l_hanger_list IS TABLE of t_hanger
> INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
>
>hanger_table l_hanger_list;
>num_allocated NUMBER;
>
>PROCEDURE new(p_flight_id IN SCHEDULER.t_flight_id);
>PROCEDURE test;
>
>END;

Hmmm....

My database got sicker and sicker, so I deleted it and rebuilt from the last backups.

Everything seems fine now, so I guess that I'd managed to corrupt something?

Andy

Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request