Is triggers really necessary ?

From: Terrence Wong <mingjun_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1997/07/30

Gurus, experts, experienced users...

Am writing scripts in PL/SQL for the web environment. Have been constantly reading up fresh interesting articles from this newsgroup. Hope you could help answer my curiosity. Question. Is triggers neccesary ?

(1) Are there examples of implementation of triggers in a web
environments.
(2) When do we use triggers, eg. cascading deletes etc. ?
(3) Is maintaing triggers difficult, if the underlying structure of the
programs need changing ?
(4) Impact on performance within the web environment using triggers.
(5) Lastly, is triggers neccessary ?

I personally thank you first.
Terrence Wong
Systems Developer Received on Wed Jul 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT