A database design question

From: Sanjay Rallapally <c696346_at_showme.missouri.edu>
Date: 1997/07/30

<HTML>

Its me again,
<BR>I am curious abut the level of database&nbsp; normalization that is
followd in the real-world . How rigidly do u guys follow the database design rules regarding normalization? Lastly, when is it better to have an unnormalized table, than an unnormalized one? I mean, how useful are indexes as against having a normalizzed table
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>