Dynamic SQL

From: Pepe Galindo <ppgg_at_sol10.lcc.uma.es>
Date: 1997/07/30

Hello!

Method 4 of Dynamic SQL accepts and proceses queries when we don't know the number of select-list columns until run time.

I have some questions about it:

1.- Is it possible to use Method 4 of Dynamic SQL inside a PL/SQL subprogram? or is it only possible in embedded SQL? 2.- How can I do that?
3.- How can I declare a data structure of SQLDA type (SQL Descriptor Area) in PL/SQL?

In negative case:

4. Can I write de select command in a file and execute this file from the PL/SQL program (like from SQL*PLUS: @file), obtaining the results as in SQL*PLUS ? I will be very grateful if you can help me. Thanks. ppgg_at_lcc.uma.es
http://www.lcc.uma.es/personal/ppgg/galindo.html Received on Wed Jul 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT