Is there a CASE statement in PL/SQL?

From: Jonathan Atkinson <jonathan.atkinson_at_foundationsystems.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/29

PL/SQL & Pro*C Programmers,

I have an application that runs against SQLServer, SQLBase and Oracle. I have been using PL/SQL to write Oracle functions equivalent to those we use in SQLBase and SQLServer.

I wonder if there is a PL/SQL equivalent of the SELECT CASE statement to replace all the ELSE IFs as shown in the function below?

Also, is it viable and/or worthwhile to write these functions in PRO*C?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jonathan A
London, UK

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION WEEKBEG (indate DATE) RETURN DATE IS

    day_number INTEGER;
    minus_days INTEGER;
BEGIN