Re: Query V$* tables via Visual Basic?

From: Eddy Setiawan <setiawan_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1997/07/29

I've tried again lately, after some tips and hints, and it works fine. The problem was that I was using MS Access earlier on and it did not show the SYSTEM tables in the pick-up list. But using Oracle ODBC test program, I can query these V$ tables without problem.

I've not tested it in Visual Basic, but if the ODBC works fine, and I have tested using MS Excel, so VB should have no problem.

Thanks for all those who have responded, especially thru emails.

Regards,

: Eddy Setiawan wrote:

: >Is it possible to query the V$* tables using Visual Basic (ODBC)? Because
: >I remembered once I tried but can't see the tables.
: >
: >I wanted to write a front-end program that will chart the performance
: >statistics in the V$* tables in graphical format. Any hint will be
: >greatly appreciated.
--
Eddy Setiawan <setiawan_at_singnet.com.sg>
http://www.singnet.com.sg/~setiawan