How to set up NT running Oracle Web Server for Multihoming?

From: Reuben King <REMOVETHISreuben_at_texas.net>
Date: 1997/07/28

Hello,

A newbie question (I appreciate the patience, believe me!).

We have just installed Oracle Web Server 2.1 on an NT 4.0 Server. I have been told that we can do multihoming (that is serve multiple domains) with this product, but I could use a little kick-start in how to do this.

Can we make it so that it answers to multiple IP addresses even though it only has a single network card? This'd be preferable, I suppose.

Another way I reckon is to do it the way I've seen multihoming work on a Mac where all the various domain names all resolve to the same IP address but the server determines where to pull the requested file from based on the domain in the HTTP request.

Either way, if I could make this happen, it'd be awesome.

You all's help is most appreciated.

My email address is "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots. grrr!)

Thanks,

-R Received on Mon Jul 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT