Re: Help needed: 32bit Server and 16bit tools together - how?

From: Martin Smith <mfsmith_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/07/27

--------------5C5138DD3AF2876A50497814

You need 16-bit SQL-net on the client. That's installed by default as "ORAWIN" instead of "ORAWIN95" or "ORANT".

We use that with Cognos Impromptu all the time. It also will work on the same machine as the 32-bit client stuff without conflict.

Michael Haldey wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to build a demo machine which would run
> Oracle 7.3 server (32bit) on NT Workstation 4.0 together with
> some tools from Designer/2000 v1.0 for windows (16bit).
>
> I have tried to install 16bit tools after the Server and it
> seems to be fine, but I can't achive a loopback between 16bit
> and 32bit programs (I'm just trying nettest).
>
> If anyone has done it before, I'd appriciate any help/ideas.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Michael

--------------5C5138DD3AF2876A50497814

begin:          vcard
fn:             Martin Smith
n:              Smith;Martin
org:            US International Trade Commission
adr:            500 E Street SW;;;Washington;DC;20436;USA
email;internet: mfsmith_at_erols.com
title:          Director, Information Services
tel;work:       (202) 205-3258
tel;fax:        (202) 205-2024
tel;home:       (703) 734-1039

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0