Re: How configure block-size ?

From: Stuart & Lisa Cowen <stuco_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/07/27

Well, I work in an NT environment, but when we decided to go from a 4K to 8K block size, we did a full export using the exp72 utility, totally destroyed the database (mainly because we were reconfiguring our I/O - I mean we did low-level formats of the data drives!!) Then we edited our init*.ora file to reflect 8K, then did a full import using imp72.

Everything worked a lot more snappier after that.

Hope this helps...Sorry if it seems to elementary, for I am just starting out in Oracle, but have happened to at least do this.

Also, consider buying the DBA Handbook from Oracle Press. I live and die by that book!

Cheers!

Guido Hansen <hansen_at_omega.gmd.de> wrote in article <5r9tjp$u6u_at_omega.gmd.de>...
> Hallo!
>
> Does anybody know how i can create a database with db_block_size = 8 K ?
> The UNIX-Installer of the ORACLE-Server 7.3.3 uses 2K as default value,
 which
> is a waste of disk space. So far i couldn't tell the installer to use 8
 K.