Re: No Oracle 8 on SCO Open Server ??

From: Vitaly Sikolenko <vsikolen_at_ru.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/25

Gerhard Thesing wrote:

> Today our local Oracle sales rep told us, Oracle 8 will never be
> available on SCO Open Server 5.
> As we do need some replication features that are believed to be
> contained in Oracle 8, he voted to change our OS to NT :-((
> Does anybody know the operating systems that will be supported by
> Oracle 8 ??
>
> Gerhard
>
> Gerhard.Thesing_at_t-online.de

  Unfortunately it seems the information is true: 7.3.3 might be the last release for
OpenServer 5, but Oracle8 will be definetely supported under SCO Unixware and
the new generation of SCO OS (Gemini).

--
Vitaly Sikolenko                  Senior Sales Consultant
                                  Server & Gateways

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.