Re: help me!!! VB + ORACLE = problems

From: Mike Hackett <sharmike_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/07/24

Manuel Dias wrote:

>I've got some problems in one program that
>I've created using VisualBasic5, and ORACLE ( version 2.000.0301).
>My program access a ORACLE database via ODBC, and
>I get the following error, afer some minutes of execution:
>
> 'Not enought space to thread data'

I don't have a simple answer for your problem, just some questions.

The version number you provide sounds like the ODBC driver version. Is this Oracle's driver or Microsoft's? Oracle's drivers are available free from www.oracle.com (specifically, I think,
www.oracle.com/products/free_software). Microsoft's comes with VB5 (at least with the Enterprise edition).

Does the error message you get have an ORA-#### number or does it seem like an ODBC or VB error?

Can you connect with tools like SQL*Plus that bypass Oracle?

If so, can you connect via ODBC with other apps (e.g. MS Access or the ODBC test tool that comes with the Oracle driver)?

 Just some things to think about.

-Mike Received on Thu Jul 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT