Re: sqlnet2.1 & local instance connections

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/07/24

Is it possible that your TNSNAMES.ORA files on the two machines are identical, and therefore the service name used by your database links points to the same server (in this case machine 1), i.e. no matter on which machine you are, you always go to machine 1 ? When you are on machine 2, this is where you want to go, but not so when you are on machine 1.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu