Re: SQL*Loader Question

From: Mark Rosenbaum <mjr_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1997/07/24

In article <5r0m90$lqs$2_at_news.one.net>, t <tluers_at_one.net> wrote:
>Is there an easy way to build (hopefully dynamically) a SQL*Loader
>control file based on meta data about a text file? How about from the
>text file itself? Can I reverse engineer the control file? I'm using
>database 7.3 and have all the latest tools.

Tom,

It can be done but how you do it depends on what is available and in what format. Is the data fixed length or delimited? Is the metadata in the database or ascii file. If the metadata is in the data base then you can use SQL to create the scripts (you might want to also create the table). If the metadata is in file you can use AWK.

With out more details there is no way to give a more specific answer.

Sorry

mjr Received on Thu Jul 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT