Rollback Segement vs Redo log

From: John C. <john_at_rte-asset.com>
Date: 1997/07/23

Hi, there

Can some one explain the functional differences between rollback segment and redo log in a brief description?

I am still confused by theses two things and got more confused when I read concept manual from Oracle.

Redo and rollback? sounds like the same. thanks in advance for your feedback

--
John Chan
Manager, Data Services