HELP--wrapped packages

From: Ben Harmon <benh_at_dascom.com>
Date: 1997/07/23

I need to get the names of all the procedures, just the procedures, from any given wrapped package specification.

I know that the whole purpose of wrapping a package is to make this as difficult as possible, but I have to do it anyway. : -(

So, given that, I have already determined that I cannot get the information from the sys.source$ table. Even if it were possible to parse the 'header' section of the encrypted source, the encryption mechanism could change at any time (according to Oracle) and then my parser will be useless.

I have also determined that, while I can get the names of procedures that take one or more argument from the sys.argument$ table, I cannot get the names of procedures that take no arguments.

So, what other options are available?
Has anyone ever gotten data directly from the Oracle binaries? If so, how would I go about doing this?

help?

Thanks,

Ben Harmon
ben_at_dascom.com.nospam
**Please remove .nospam suffix if you want to mail me**