Re: Executing stored procedure within trigger

From: Michael Friedman <mfriedma_at_asiansources.com>
Date: 1997/07/23

--------------571E7DD51A830FD8E0C88821

Jeff Barnett wrote:

> I've create & compiled a stored procedure in 7.1.5 successfully as
> well
> as granted access to public. I'm now wanting to call that procedure
> from within a trigger. Below is the script for creating the trigger.

> *****
> CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER AVI_VEH_MASTER_AFT_INS
> AFTER INSERT ON AVI_VEH_MASTER
> REFERENCING NEW AS NEW OLD AS OLD
> FOR EACH ROW
> BEGIN
>
> EXECUTE ADD_COMPONENT( NEW.C_KTP_VIN );
>
> END;
> /

What is "EXECUTE"? I don't know that PL/SQL command.

Building the future of business to business electronic commerce...

ASM eTrade - Software from the Asian Sources Media Group

24/F Vita Tower, Block B                  Tel: +852 2814 5678
29 Wong Chuk Hang Road                 Direct: +852 2814 5671
Aberdeen, Hong Kong                       Fax: +852 2311 3893

--------------571E7DD51A830FD8E0C88821

begin:          vcard
fn:             Michael Friedman
n:              Friedman;Michael
org:            Asian Sources Media Group (eTrade)
email;internet: mfriedma_at_asiansources.com
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard

--------------571E7DD51A830FD8E0C88821--