Re: sqlnet2.1 & local instance connections

From: Duncan Reed <der1004_at_cus.cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/07/23

Wayne Linton (lintonw_at_cadvision.com) wrote:
: Duncan Reed wrote:
: I would set up my internal db_links, hardcoded, so that they point to
: the proper live database from the test one.

: machine 1 machine 2
: instance test, SID TEST1 instance test, SID TEST2
: instance live, SID LIVE1 instance live, SID LIVE2

: TEST1 would have a DB_LINK named LIVE using 'LIVE1'
: TEST2 would have a DB_LINK named LIVE using 'LIVE2'

: in your SQL on either TEST1 or TEST2, refering to '..._at_LIVE' would
: put you on the right machine, and the right instance.

: Wayne Linton

Ah, I thought the parallel query server shared DB Links but as you point out they don't. Right I'll try that method, thanks.

Duncan