Re: ORA-03123/4 under Netware 4.11 with Oracle7.3

From: Anita M. Bardeen <abardeen_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/23

These are the error messages you are getting:

03123, 00000, "operation would block"

// *Cause:  This is a status code that indicates that the operation
//          cannot complete now.
// *Action: None; this is not an error.  The operation should be retried
//          again for completion.

03124, 00000, "two-task internal error"
// *Cause: Internal error.
// *Action: Contact your customer support representative.

It sounds like you're not starting up the database with a two-task connection. On Oracle7 for Netware versions 7.2 and later you ALWAYS need to use an IPC-loopback connection to startup the database.

Ex:
Sid is ORCL
Oracle Home is SYS:ORANW732
Server name is DEV

SET INSTANCE S:ORCL CONNECT INTERNAL/password_at_DEV-IPC
  (The IPC-loopback connection string is identified in TNSNAMES.ORA)

STARTUP PFILE=SYS:ORANW732\DATABASE\INITORCL.ORA That should do the trick!

One other note:
Make sure you do NOT have Block Suballocation or Compression set on any netware volumes containing Oracle data as this will corrupt the data.