Re: Tools to monitor Oracle applications response times

From: Sam Q. Lang <webmaster_at_sfi-software.com>
Date: 1997/07/23

Give a try to SQL-Optimizer/DBA

It is currently at BETA 2, almost shipping stage. For free, you can download it and I'm sure it will help you with this task.

Just so you get the whole picture, here is the original text about it.

The Performance Optimizer For SQL Databases (ORACLE only in this release) With Automatic SQL Correction

Product Overview
SQL-Optimizer is a performance management toolset for ORACLE database developers, administrators (DBAs), testers, end users and third-party application providers who need to improve database performance.

Poor performance is a major stumbling block to the successful deployment of large data warehouses and production databases due to the expensive and time-consuming tuning efforts required to achieve optimal performance. Often, the only viable solution is to buy more computing power and live with inefficient application software.

SQL-Optimizer eliminates the manual effort required to IDENTIFY AND CORRECT poorly structured SQL while reducing the need to buy more hardware. This means major cost savings, more productive developers and satisfied users.

"SQL-Optimizer fills an important niche in the Oracle performance tuning marketplace",
Richard Finkelstein, Performance Computing Inc.

Product details at:
http://www.sfi-software.com/products.htm (Look for SQL-Optimizer)

Download a free BETA 2 copy from:
http://www.sfi-software.com/order/downloadrequest.asp (Select SQL-Optimizer BETA 2)

Please email your questions or concerns to beta_at_sfi-software.com or call SFI at 819 778-5045, fax 819 778-7943.

Sam Q. Lang,
SFI,a Sylvain Faust company
http://www.sfi-software.com
Oracle World Alliance Partner

Jeff Shervey <jeff.shervey_at_us.landisstaefa.com_spamblock> wrote in article <01bc92e7$449c83e0$1fea1bac_at_usbgrjeff>...