Re: No Oracle 8 on SCO Open Server ??

From: Kees Verruijt <kees_at_redwood.nl>
Date: 1997/07/23

Gerhard Thesing wrote:

> Today our local Oracle sales rep told us, Oracle 8 will never be
> available on SCO Open Server 5.
> As we do need some replication features that are believed to be
> contained in Oracle 8, he voted to change our OS to NT :-((
> Does anybody know the operating systems that will be supported by
> Oracle 8 ??
>
> Gerhard
>
> Gerhard.Thesing_at_t-online.de

I suppose all the major Unixes. Since SCO is going to replace OpenServer with a SVR4 based Gemini (== Unixware 3) this move by Oracle is not surprising. Oracle will support Unixware, since underneath that's the same port as Unisys U/6000 and NCR System 3000, and almost the same as Solaris Intel. So since SCO is moving to Unixware, I suggest you take a look at that.

Kind regards,
Kees Received on Wed Jul 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT