Re: Here is a way to crash Solaris using ping!

From: Jeff Hellman <jhellman_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1997/07/23

In comp.os.linux.misc Dean Smith <Dean_at_jupiter.net.uk> wrote: <snip>
: And while we are on the subject, I seem to remember a rather nasty ping
: attack was posible against Linux and many other OS's a while back,
: didn't even need an account ( Solaris wasn't affected as it happens ) so
: even 'Mighty Linux' has problems like this.
 <snip>
: Dean

        But one of the main things to remember is that Linux had a working patch for this problem in a couple of hours, whil MS took a heck of a lot longer than that.

        Jeff
 --

	Jeff Hellman
	jhellman_at_teleport.com