OWS authentication

From: Terje Sannum <ts_at_nextel.no>
Date: 1997/07/22

I'm having some problems with the authentication mecanisms in the OWS 3.0. Is there anyway to get the listener and the wrb to use the same user data for protecting directories and pl/sql procedures? Now I have to define the users and groups in the listener to protect files and cgi-scripts, and define the same users and groups in the wrb to protect the procedures.

What I really would like is to have these data stored in the database rather than in the configuration files. I've managed this for the pl/sql agent, but I get nowhere with the listener. Is there a way to get the listener to use the pl/sql agent to authenticate the user? Any form of "database authentication" wont do as I always want to connect to the database as the same user. I only want the user data defined in the database, not defined as database users.

One way I could be happy with, is having the database export the usernames and passwords to the listener when there is a change. I've tried this, but I find no smooth way to get the listener to reread the data. Is there a way to restart the server (kill -HUP kills it), or better, a way to have it use .htaccess type files?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Terje Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT