Re: Multiple Processors & Web Servers

From: Thor HW <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: 1997/07/22

> First, someone thought they read something to the affect that if we use
> Oracle on NT, we need to change some code if we go from a single
 processor
> to a multiple processor - is this true? If so, do you have to make
 changes
> again if we were to go from 2 to 4 processors?
I doubt that ... Oracle doesn't need that. However you do need a different "vendorized" version of NT for anything greater than 4 processors.

> Second, we need to decide what web server to put into place. I'm
 familiar
> to IIS and someothers, but what would be the best choice for connecting
> an Oracle database.

If you use the Oracle WebServer ... you can actually install it AFTER you've installed either your IIS or Netscape http server and use those instead. That would probably be the preferred solution, since spyglass (the http server that comes with the Oracle WebServer) seems to be missing some functionality.

Thor HW Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT