Multiple Processors & Web Servers

From: Richard D. Beynon, Jr. <rbeynon_at_stratusgroup.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

We are in the process of putting a database server up which will connect to a web server for servicing our customers, but we have a few questions before making some decisions.
First, someone thought they read something to the affect that if we use Oracle on NT, we need to change some code if we go from a single processor to a multiple processor - is this true? If so, do you have to make changes again if we were to go from 2 to 4 processors? Second, we need to decide what web server to put into place. I'm familiar to IIS and someothers, but what would be the best choice for connecting to an Oracle database.

Thanks for the help.

BTW, please respond via email as well as this newsgroup, since I don't get a change to check the newsgroups too often. Thanks.

--

Rich Beynon
The Stratus Group, Inc.