Re: Indexes

From: Tomm Carr <tommcatt_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

Brad Worsfold wrote:

> If I want to create a composite index on two columns, will Oracle Index a
> row if one
> of the columns is optional? Meaning that one column has a value, the other
> is null???

If I am not mistaken (meaning I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment) you can create a *non-unique* index on a column that allows null values.

> I was told that Indexes are not created on rows with Null Values?

So. There you go listening to people again. Never take anyone's word on anything (including mine). Create a test table and try it. See what happens. If it can't be done the server won't get all huffy and refuse to talk to you anymore!

--
Tomm Carr