Re: How to Expand system tablespace

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

>new to the world of the oracle dba. I seem to be having problems
>creating a new datafile for the system tablespace. Since autoextend was
>not enabled when the database was created, I have to do this manually.
>The question is, how? The following syntax does not work.
>
>alter tablespace SYSTEM add datafile 'd:\orant\database\sys2orcl.ora'
>size 50M

I don't know if DOS/Windows based Oracle is the same, but that syntax is correct for unix.

What do you mean it doesn't work. You have to be specific when you post messages like that. Was there an error message, did it lock up, did it look like it did something but nothing happened?

--
If you have a condom and sunscreen SPF 15 or greater, than it's safe to look at