Re: Oracle*Names Setup

From: Amit Aggarwal <amaggarwal_at_kendle.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

Byron Pearce wrote:

> I am working on trying to get Oracle*Names setup for the first time. I
> have been reading through the manuals and trying to locate some decent
> reference information on how to go about doing this.
>
> Can anyone point me to some white papers, web resources, etc. that might
> walk one through setting up an Oracle*Names server? The various
> parameter settings for the NAMES.ORA seem especially vague.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> --
> Byron Pearce mailto:bpearce_at_csac.com
> Systems Consultant http://www.csac.com
> Computer Systems Authority (CSA) Dallas, Texas
>
> "It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."

Try the following Oracle books and go over them more than once because it is very difficult to understand everything first time, esp if you are new to SQL*Net stuff:

Understanding SQL*Net v2.x
Oracle Network Manager Administrator's Guide Oracle Names Administrator's Guide.

amit Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT