Re: Need some Pro*C advice (want to ditch SQL Loader)

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

You do not have to write in C++, C will work. Checkout the proc.mk in $ORACLE_HOME/proc/demo directory.

Bob Hayden (bob.hayden_at_ljpc.com) wrote:
: Hello,

: I posted an article about importing graphics files using SQL Loader last week,
: but I did not get much response. Because of this, I have concluded not many
: individuals are using SQL Loader for much beyond text uploads. I am already
: writing utilities (in C) to process multiple text files and generate compact
: text files for SQL Loader, so now I am asking myself why I am even using SQL
: Loader if I could be using pro*c. This seems to be even more effective when it
: comes to loading my tiff image files (since SQL loader is just giving me
: headaches). I am an intermediate C programmer (with no C++) so will I be able
: to use pro*c, also what is pro*c? Is this a library that I can add on to gcc or
: is it a completly seperate compiler ( I am running HP-UX).

: Thanks,

: -Bob

: Bob Hayden bob.hayden_at_ljpc.com
: La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co.
: (619) 646-6699 ext.6807

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you