invalid packages

From: Stefan Keller <stKeller_at_schaffhausen.ch>
Date: 1997/07/22

hi

if I make changes in the structure of a table, and PL/SQL-Function reads this table, the function gets the status ‘invalid’. Does a package contain this function, the whole package is ‘invalid’. In this case other functions in the same package are invalid. What can I do or do I have to recompile the packages always when I make changes on one of those tables?

answer to Stefan.Keller_at_oiz.stzh.ch Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT