Oracle*Names Setup

From: Byron Pearce <bpearce_at_csac.com>
Date: 1997/07/21

I am working on trying to get Oracle*Names setup for the first time. I have been reading through the manuals and trying to locate some decent reference information on how to go about doing this.

Can anyone point me to some white papers, web resources, etc. that might walk one through setting up an Oracle*Names server? The various parameter settings for the NAMES.ORA seem especially vague.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Byron Pearce                         mailto:bpearce_at_csac.com
Systems Consultant                   http://www.csac.com
Computer Systems Authority (CSA)     Dallas, Texas

"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."