Re: start database automatically

From: Nathan Hughes <nhughes_at_cerberus.umd.umich.edu>
Date: 1997/07/21

Nandan Kalle <kallesn_at_ix.netcom.com> writes:

>I just upgraded to Oracle for Workgroups 7.3 (from 7.2). Does anybody
>know
>how to configure is so the db starts up automatically ? The services
>are
>starting up OK; it's just not starting & mounting the db.

Try the following:

oradim73 -edit -sid SIDA -pfile <your pfile location> -intpwd <internal password> -startmode auto

Then try re-running OracleStartSID.

Check $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms73/oradim73.log for errors on teh above command.

If that doesn't work, try re-creating your password file (orapwd73) for the instance, then re-running the oradim73 above.

If that still doesn't work, drop me an e-mail.

--
/(o\ Nathan D. Hughes
\o)/ nhughes_at_umich.edu