Re: how to enable secure network services

From: Timothy Taylor <ttaylor_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/21

Limin Guo wrote:

> Does anybody knows if secure network services is stardard part of oracle
> 7.3 release or I have to order it seperately? How to implement it in
> client/server environment.
>
> Thanks a lot for any response.

Secure Network Services was renamed to Oracle Advanced Networking Option (ANO). ANO is available for most platforms and is NOT bundled with Oracle7.

It is very easy to install and configure in a client server environment. If you've installed SQL*Net, you can install ANO.

Tim

opinions are mine and not Oracle's Received on Mon Jul 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT