TNSNAMES.ORA placment ??

From: Paul Mattes <mattesp_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/07/21

*,
I'm installing SQL*net v2 under solaris 5.5 and am having a bit of trouble.  I have the listener.ora file created (i'm not using the network manager) and it lives in /var/opt/oracle as does the tnsnames.ora file.

I am able to get the listener process started, it tells me there is one service supported, but when i try to connect to sqlplus

sqlplus user/password_at_service_name

i get the dreaded

ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I think maybe tnsnames.ora is in the wrong place????????

help!?

Thanks!

Paul Received on Mon Jul 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT